Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankful Thursdays Top Ten [#10]

Thankful This Week For:

1. An amazing mini-family-vaca we took this past weekend to Chicago [post 1 post 2 post 3 post 4 post 5 post 6].


2. A friendship God radically redeemed 7 years ago this week [April].


3. Breaking Free [10 week course] by Beth Moore is rocking my world, I'm so thankful to share what God is doing in my heart with my other bestie Sarah [via daily facebook messages].


4. My husband's hours being cut from 60 to 50 to 40 and they are working four 10 hour days so that means 3 days weekends! I'm not worried about the monetary decline [because of this] because time with him is priceless.


5. New things for my kids. Because somewhere along the way buying cloth diapers has replaced me buying clothes, baby food making accessories are my only accessory purchases lately and new learning toys for my kids make me happier than buying gadgets for myself. Yep, I'm that mom. Look for me in yoga pants and a cart full of things for my kids. I don't care, I'm so happy.


6. Nicole & Natalyn being back in town for a few weeks. I'm enjoying the company! [two of the wives whose husbands are on this project with us] 


7. My visitors next week. April is coming up for a day, then Sarah & family of 7 are coming up for the weekend to go to the Creation Museum with us. That should make for a great blog post. 1 apartment+8 kids+4 adults=almost Duggar Episode.


8. That Christ holds the position of "Chief Rescuer" so I don't have to "fix" everything. It's hard, I hear a problem and I want to go fix it, but Christ will have to rescue them. I can pray, serve & love them, but I can't fix anything, only He can.

9. My new temporary [until I can afford otherwise] free blog design with the help of someone who chooses to remain anonymous, you know who you are, thank you!


10. This upcoming Sunday. 10-10-10. How cool is that? This is my 10th Thursday post and I just reached my 10,000th page load today. I am trying to think of something really epic to do this Sunday to mark this unusual day. Since I am already married and am not due to have a baby this week...I'm a little short on ideas. For sure, having something to do with getting out in this beautiful foliage


---

These photos of Moses [6 months], my third son, admiring...okay...enamored by...his oldest brothers project involving a butter knife & chalk. My entry in YouCapture's Faces assignment this week.

2 comments:

  1. WOOT! Multiple mentions of me :)
    Cute photos. Can't wait till next week!
    Love the new blog layout. So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And totally trapped - great captures! I do a list of things I'm thankful for each Friday and next week am considering starting a link up...if you're interested in linking up next week, I'd love to have you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails