Thursday, June 5, 2014

What God Said To Me



God has many names

In John 1, it tells us that God was the Word and the Word was God.

Clearly God likes to chat. After all, He invented it.

Something the Lord is continuing to teach me this month is that He's always speaking.

As I am experiencing a particularly difficult time right now I asked the Lord what He wanted to talk about and He said "fireflies". Okay Lord. Relationships are about intimacy, and intimacy is about communication, and communication is about understanding and understanding comes from questions. So, Lord, "What about fireflies?" 

He showed me a picture in my mind, of a field covered, and I mean covered, like nothing I'd ever seen before... even in a movies. The picture was a grassy meadow just covered in fireflies. I, being the faith-filled believer I am, quickly went to verify that this actually happens on Google. Sorry Lord. Ha, as it turns out, He did know what He was talking about. It does happen.

Later that day, I happen to over hear a song in the car by Owl City titled Fireflies. Subtle Lord, real subtle. The lyrics that resinated with me quickly were---



I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

'Cause everything is never as it seems.


Everything is never as it seems.

Through both word, picture and song, the Lord comforted my heart this day reminding me that everything is never as it seems.

It seems like the Lord has forgotten me. 
It seems like there's not enough.
It seems like we're missing God.
It seems like a nightmare.

When really--- He'll cover a field in fireflies somewhere in the world and have them shoot it and upload the picture to google and play a song in my car if thats what it takes to remind me He's still here.

But the truth is---

The Lord has not forgotten me.
There is more than enough.
We're not missing God.
Knowing Him is an eternal dream I never have to wake up form.

I hope wherever you are today--- He sends you fireflies and songs to remind you, He's here with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails