Friday, May 30, 2014

Things You Don't Learn In A Book


This has been a year, even though not even half over, of deep teaching. The Lord has been rooting out old habits and old ways of thinking in both my husband and I. 

It's painful.

It has not been fun.

It's good.

But it's hard.

I have to agree with the cliche "bitter sweet."

Sweet to discover another piece of God's heart for us. Another morsel of truth. Bitter to endure the lesson it took to learn it. I asked my husband many times this year already, "Couldn't the Lord have just let us read this in a book or something". Ha. I know that's not how lessons are learned. Hearts are changed through trials. Oh boy, have we been through them this year.

The verse the Lord gave us this year is James 1: 2, 3, 4


"Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 
knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
But let patience have its perfect work,
that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."

I should have known to head to the basement for shelter when He spoke that to us, right? I remember thinking... what trials? We are "living the life", that scripture doesn't even apply to us. And please don't mention that scripture again to me, it makes me feel nervous. It's like praying for patience. Don't be dumb. There are things you just don't say out loud, right? Ha.

Well we've successfully found the "various trials" part, the "testing of your faith" part, and the "lacking" part. Now, to keep seeking the fullness of these scriptures.

Give us all Joy Lord, not happiness, but Joy in the face of any and all unpleasant circumstances.

Make us patience, and we learn to have faith in your goodness.

Complete your work in us.

Let us lack nothing you have for us--- in the natural, supernatural, relationally, physically. In all things.

My prayer for anyone who reads this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails