I debated about even writing a post because my new bedtime is 11 [sigh] and it's 11, but I figure a little post is better than no post, right?
It's not official, but I think I might make Tuesdays the day I talk about my homeschooling. I don't want to bog my blog down with homeschooling stuff every-single-day. There is no reason you need a play by play when there are plenty of other great blogs out there walking you through Kindergarten.
I say all that to say, our school district started Monday, so...we did too. I don't know WHY I picked this week because it was probably silly with all the people in and out of my house this week for some minor renovations & deliveries, etc.
So far I've learned...
1. Nation is an artist
2. I made a good choice picking his curriculum that is full of crafts
3. You can't laminate something small unless you want to break your new laminator
4. You will want to laminate everything you own [and once you start you can't stop]
5. Buying extra worksheets for $30 is a greater value than printing them myself #lessonlearned
6. I lost my optional naptime to teach and hence have a new bedtime #summerisover #itsoffical
7. Homeschooling with a baby awake is pointless...unless you have lots of organic suckers
8. Don't say, "you're coloring so dark you'll tear a whole" [you'll just give him a new idea]
9. Playing school all those years has actually come true, and day 2...it still feels fun? #hopeful
10. I never knew how much teachers hand to prepare [both in paper & mentally] before lessons
That's all for now folks. Blogging may be less, it may be more. One thing is for sure---Life won't get any less boring or dull. It's all stories & hilarity from here on out---in my organized chaotic life!