Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Easy Mexican Chicken Bake



You've heard me say it before, I don't enjoy cooking. What I enjoy even less is meal planning and grocery shopping. Thanks to E-mealz [see my previous post] I am now able to meal plan, grocery shop, save money, and eat healthy. Here is one of their recipes that was easy and family friendly this last week.

Should feed 4-6 adults & cost you less than $10 for ingredients.

Grocery list:
1.5 lb boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2- 15 oz cans black beans [rinsed & drained]
1 c FF sour cream [I used regular]
1 t Cumin
1 t Pepper
4 oz can chopped green chilies
6 small corn tortillas – cut into 2 inch strips
[I just laid down the whole tortilla]
1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 pears [peeled & halved]
[I didn't peel]
3 t light margarine
6 t brown sugar
6 t cinnamon


Mexican Chicken Bake
[6 servings @ 8 WW pts+ each]

Boil chicken for 10 min. or until done
Chop [I tore] & combine with:
Beans, sour cream, cumin, pepper,& chilies
Place tortillas in the bottom of dish
Cover with half chicken mixture
Repeat
Top with cheese
Bake 30 min @ 350.

Broiled Pears
[6 servings @ 2 WW pts+ each]


Half pears
Spray baking dish [or tray]
Place side up
Top each half with:
1 t margarine
1 t brown sugar
1 t of cinnamon 
[more or less I didn't measure]
Broil [I baked] about 5 minutes

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails