It's been really hard not to blog every night, but I have to keep my priorities in check and go to bed earlier, hence, my plans this week:
1. Take advantage of this awesome gym a few feet from my door a couple of early mornings before Charles leaves
2. Not take advantage of the free tanning bed [boo to being wise about my skin]
3. Make good dinners even though Charles won't be home till 8 every night this week
4. Check out a new park or two
5. Have a movie day with the kids in the theater located in the main office
6. Find a bounce house
7. Try to keep our trips to the pool this week under 5 so my kids don't grow fins
8. Most importantly have a quiet time...started reading Joshua today
9. Another date night with Charles [tonight we had some pool time alone while a friend watched the sleeping babes]
10. Go to bed before midnight [#1.'s goal should eventually kick this in]
We've been here one week now and Charles and I both concluded that we like it enough to live here, but of course love Atlanta way more. My expectations of the Dayton area are much better than I anticipated. Yesterday, I ran an errand for a friend a little north of here & today we attended the Ohio State Fair in Columbus...both drives were full of miles of corn fields & barns I wish I had stopped to take pictures of, instead I took lots of mental ones.
We are undecided about attending a church here as with three kids small kids and new nurseries we usually spend most of the time in the hall way. We are leaning towards a family church and or house church with some of our employees. Either way, today's Sabbath was full of fun and lacking any stress. Highlight: the two older boys both road on a ferris wheel for the first time.
OHIO STATE FAIR
We spent about 4 hours at the fair/state park this afternoon.
Things we learned:
1. Cash is more widely [only] accepted over debit cards
2. It's hot when you're not in the shade
3. You can buy a hot tub there...impulsive & easy to take home, right?
4. Tickets do not work on games
5. Our kids can't ride most of the rides
6. Fair=Funnel Cakes [There is no way around this equation]
7. In a crowd of thousands you will only see one person nursing or wearing a baby [me]
8. You shouldn't wear flip flops
9. Smokey the bear [14 ft version] knows your name
[they secretly ask the parents & then he talks to the kids by name as they walk by]
10. No matter where we are my kids remind me they are 4 and 2. [No more pictures & Hold onto me mommy]
STORY OF THE DAY
I was waiting by the basketball game with Moses & Solomon while Charles took Nation to do something and the young game owner said to me "Baby, for $2 you can play this game" then proceeded to tell me "Baby, where's Daddy at? Is he close?" then..."Baby, what will you give me if I win you a prize?" [looks me up and down]. Wow, if a woman who just had a baby, in gaucho pants, not matching, no makeup, and frizzy hair, while holding a baby and strolling a toddler doesn't send you a message I don't know what will. He was honestly hitting on me knowing my "baby's daddy" was around the corner. I'm thinking, "Are you looking to support some extra kids [for fun] on your carnival salary or what?" He's lucky to not have a black eye--.