Monday, December 31, 2012

13 Resolutions for 2013


IMG_9677
I literally just exhaled starting this post. I'm exiting a difficult year and entering a new year with great hope and anticipation. [And a female offspring!] Last year wasn't a year to really focus on my hobbies like photography, blogging, and scrapbooking. It was a year to focus on my marriage and carrying for our new child [both in womb and then outside]. Marriage restoration is on the upswing and my little piece Heaven is already 3 months old.
Looking back over my new years resolutions of 2011 and 2012, there really is little reason to make a new list because those lists still encompass my "To-Be" list. It's hard for someone like me who is such a "To-Do" lister to pause and remember it's not just about doing, but it's about being. Once again I reach for those things that I know would bring glory to God this year. One of those not being grammar. Sorry, maybe when I start teaching that such stuff to Nation I will learn how to properly form sentences and spell words...until then, apologizes for another year of blog posts driving you crazy.

1. One Year Bible with my husband [I love the OYB and have done several times, but this year for the first time I'll be doing with my husband!]
2. Prioritize hearing God's voice [listen more!]
3. Be generous [I want to be known as a generous person in time & money---I want to truly enjoy giving more than receiving]
4. Champion a cause that echos God's heart [I have always been fond of the works of Passion, but love their heart for ending slavery for the 27 million still in it]
5. Try 13 new restaurants [in the greater Atlanta area with my husband on date nights]
6. Hug, hold, play and speak encouragement into my kids [even more...look for ways!]
7. Lose 50 pounds [first part of the year I'm focusing on exercise until Heaven is nursing less, then Weight Watchers again]
8. Learn how to use my camera more [I have some books, videos, and online resources I want to make more use of]
9. Blog again [that's right, not just post photos or late Thankful Thursdays, but actually write---encouraging moms hopefully world wide]
10. Family & Friends get saved [Pray & be available...I want to see some of those lost in my life come to know Jesus!]
11. Learn to sew? [this is a stretch, but maybe now that I have a girl it's about time!]
12. Conquer meal planning & cooking [For the zillionth year in a row I desire to cook more regularly...this may be more of a stretch that sewing]
13. Read more [12 books a year turned out to be 6 last year, not too shabby, trying for 12 books again]

What are you resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails