Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Why My Blogging Has Slowed Down...

...mainly because I sleep now.

Honestly, though. I have been trying to keep my New Year's Resolutions, one being, 8 hours of sleep. And with the new---



"Bun in the oven" [don't worry, my husband didn't get it either when I broke the news to him.]

Me: Come down here and look at the oven, something is wrong
Him: What? There's a bun in the oven.
Me: Uh Huh...........
Him: What's wrong with it? It's just a bun in the oven.
Me: Think about what you're saying
Him: [Finally got it]



So, if resolutions didn't motivate me to sleep, a poppy seed size child in my uterus has.

I've just been really focusing on trying to cook more, sleep more, and spend time with my family. Charles started a new part to his business at the turn of this year and it's going to be a busy month with 70+ hours and 6 day work weeks. Even if from home, I'm kinda single parenting it. It's just a small season, and sacrifice, not that it's easy, but I believe his desire to do this will pan out.

Some days have been easy.
Some days I've cried.
Some days I've wondered if homeschooling Nation has brought us closer or farther.
Some days I see that all the work to be done is...also in me...not just in my oldest only.
Some days my husband has gotten of work an hour early.
Some days he's gotten off work 6 hours later.
Some days the kids have almost died being boys.

It's life. I'm so thankful though for my God, my husband, my family and my church friends. All of them have brought [as corny as it sounds] sunshine into my life during this busy and transitional start to the year.

[Currently my 1 year old is chasing my 3 year old with a cheese grader around the house---should I stop blogging? Is this terribly unsafe?]

So I might write, I might not, I hope so. But at the end of the day if I've done what God told me to and I don't have time to share---it's a small sacrifice to be obedient to what He's called me to do with the precious few hours I have to fit it all in everyday.

Tonight, I feel that all is well with the world. Even if my kids are chasing each other around with kitchen supplies. It could be worse, I could be working out instead of blogging.



What transitions has your new year brought you?

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl! It gets easier I promise. Let me know how I can help. I'll be praying for you. When I was in the stage you are in my hubby travelled 3-5 days a week. I totally relate.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails