The last two weeks of [homeschool] Kindergarten were focused on Creation. The next 26 weeks are focused on one letter of the alphabet and a coordinating subject and scripture concept. This week:
S is for SUN
Jesus is the Light of the world
We've only done one day of S this week [as it is only Tuesday now and we haven't done school yet], but we had a lot of fun yesterday. Nation, all on his own, made a sun out of tinker toys for me. Love it. I've been leaving legos out on the table and Nation plays with them on and off all day making fabulous creations.
Later this week we will be painting a sun, making a grape/raisin chart, making a sundial, and doing an experiment with a globe/flashlight. Of course, followed by other school work...but those are the "fun" things!
I got a lot of my ideas from Pinterest, see my S is for Sun folder here
End of Week Update:
This week we added in a few science experiments, did our Cuisenaire Rods and adored our new Sun model & globe.
We also read 6 books about the sun:
1. Bear Shadow [Easier reader & cute story]
2. Wake Up Sun [Easier reader & cute story]
3. Sun Bread [Beautifully illustrated & our favorite fiction story]
4. The Sun of the Nearest Star [Our favorite informational with experiments]
5. What Makes Day & Night [Informational with great explanations & also experiments]
6. To Be Like The Sun [Least favorite of the books...about a sunflower seed growing]
|[borrowed portion from a blogger friend, edited for us]|
Linking Up At