Friday, July 29, 2011

Still

[okay, maybe once...they did sit still for this picture]



Still...

Am I ever still? Are my kids ever still? I don't think I was a very still child. Really though, what in life is still? Besides a painting. And even that---the colors run your eyes all over the canvas. Maybe being still is overrated. Unless of course, or should I say, least we forget...

Be still and know that I am God.

It's one of those verses you can easily memorize like, "Jesus wept" or "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son." Why, by the way, do we memorize begotten---it's not like most of us use that translation the rest of our life.

Three minutes left here on five minute Friday. Quick redeem this post by being hilarious or super serious.

Are you STILL reading this?

Still seems boring to me. I know my life is busy, crazy, always moving, always loud, always---- insert words you never used before you had toddlers & babies---- but, [although cliche to say] I wouldn't trade it for a [still] world.

All the moving constantly moves me towards the One who I have to constantly remain still before. Having children definitly streches your faith in places you never knew you had in you----like yoga. Having children...

...makes me never want to be still the same old Candra I was last month, last week, or yesterday. Having children makes me want to be ever moving, ever changing, ever growing into that woman that I can be.

Still somedays, I don't move much. But moving is still better than being still.








3 comments:

  1. Yep- I am never still either. I am either moving, my mind is going, or both. I can't even be still while nursing - have to watch TV, read, or play on my iPhone! I think about all the things I want to do when Jadon gets older or dream about what he is going to be like. :-) Oh, and don't forget volleyball - always learning, reading new philosophies, etc. I love bringing Jadon to the gym - it is my home away from home. There are always plenty of moms that love to hold Jadon. They even ask where he is at or of he is coming! Love it. Really getting excited to be in the gym soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting me at Pursuing Heart! Such cute photos of your three boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos of your boys. I have two boys and a girl and we just got back from the beach - so I love the swimsuits and sandy toes. Not much better than a day at the beach with children. Who are, you're right, never still (or almost never!). Which means I'm never still either. And I'm still learning how to be still when I need to be. Funny, isn't it, how you end up learning with your children almost as much as you're teaching them? Thanks for sharing with 5MF. I loved reading your post. Smiles -

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails