I'm 26 years old and I'd never seen an apple tree until today. For that matter, I didn't even know what one looked like. Apple picking was incredibly fun. You pick-you eat. What a concept. I'll get straight to the point...
I want an apple tree now
5 facts about apples [to make you smarter]
1. Top three producing countries of apples: China, US, Iran
2. There are 7,500 varieties of apples known
3. Apples have 57,000 genes [the most of any plant to date]
4. They are in the same family as roses
5. The Latin words: "Malus" [Apple] & "Malum" [Evil] are similar, probably why it's associated with being the "forbidden fruit" in The Garden of Eden
We went to Tuken Farms and let the kids pick their own apples. Then we took a little tour of the property & I made sure to spend a lot of money at the [partially Amish] gift shop. I have more butters, jams, fudges, breads than my fanny will know what to do with.
Click here to find a list of farms in your local area
|Nation  refused to believe us that this was real|
|What we all thought about the long-winded tour guide|
"What aren't we going anywhere on the tractor?"
|I'm so glad I caught this moment|
If anything, this trip today made me realize how beautiful the varieties of God are. I mean, if He put so much detail & variety into pumpkins & apples...how much more did He put into us? Every gene in creation is His art. His ideas & colors are impossible to not be inspired by.
[[P.S. The title is a [hopefully humorous] reference to a somewhat inappropriate dance song title "Apple Bottom Jeans". I thought the Apples + growing size of my bottom based on all the goodies I bought + the fact on genes = a good laugh.]]