Monday, August 4, 2014

2014-2015 Homeschool Plan



For those of you who have been following our homeschool journey, you know we've been homeschooling since the very beginning. Our oldest, Nation, is 8, and in third grade this year. His younger brother Solomon is 6 and will be in 1st. Moses who is 4 will be unofficially in pre-k, followed by their two year old sister, Heaven, who is unofficially unschooling, although probably absorbing more than I'm teaching all her brothers.

For the first few years we used My Father's World curriculum exclusively, but this will be our first year to try using a more eclectic approach. I will be combining some resources I've previously purchased, as well as lots of resources online, alongside Classical Conversations materials to form our lesson plans.

We will be using...

-Explode the Code for phonics

-Charles is reading through 5 chapters every evening with the boys for bible

-Classical Conversations provides materials on their site for a small monthly fee, in combination with the materials we receive in class once a week, alongside things purchased through their website to fulfill our science, history, latin, geography, and english material.

-Singapore textbook and workbooks for Math

-Lots of my other free resources include things I find online and Pinterest to coincide with the cycle we are in for Classical Conversations

This is will my first attempt at so much combing, verses all being laid out, but it saves us money, and keeps us tracking along with the same things they are teaching us once a week at CC, verses trying to keep up with them and also trying to do a completely separate curriculum at home like I did last year. If I like it, I will stay with it, if I don't like it, I will go back to MFW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails