Ironic Observations On Cruise
1. An All Korean band that plays everything from Elvis to Black Eye Peas and Kenny Chesney to Frank Sinatra. [Without foreign accents]
2. Someone laughed at my "I don't know" response when I answered their question "Where is the gym?"
3. I gave the [foreign] bartender a quick lesson on the reason why I drink Coke over Diet Coke. Although I'm not sure my sign language explanation of it's bad for your brain [Diet Coke] and it's bad for your butt [Coke] translated correctly. I didn't know how to sign language "Alzheimers" and "calories" so I pointed to head and butt. Pretty sure he thinks Diet Coke makes you smart and Coke gives you hemorrhoids now.
4. After our first night here [pretty decent motion sickness for me] I almost was sold into $150 Acupunture to reliever the nausea. Thankful I felt better the next day and didn't sell my soul to the Devil over it.
5. Crew member questioned my sanity [via her expression] when I retrieved my breastpump out of my luggage when she knew we were crusing alone. I think she thought maybe I had a pretend baby and I didn't want her to mess up my fictional life. I explained the baby was at home, but still she nodded in polite empathy for me. Again, message lost in translation I think.
6. I have learned that although fake nails are cruise sexy, they are not practical for iPhones or blogging.
7. The portions at breakfast and lunch vs the portions at dinner.
8. A life without constant facebook/twitter updating and access to email is a bitter sweetness. I'd say more bitter, I heart internet social networking. I can already tell I'll need an additional week of vacation just to catch up.
9. I will always continue to cruise on Celebrity cruises for one reason and one reason only. 70% plus of the population on this cruise ship is 70 or older. I'm loving that I am the hot young thing...even with a post [very very very post, can I still say that 9 months later?] baby body. Okay, so maybe not the hot part, but I've seen way more muu-muus than bikinis.
10. Bottle water at the bar, grills and restaurants is included [with drink package], but the water my room service leaves for me isn't. I have to stare at it, debate if it's worth the $5 or take my lazy self down to the bar to get a free one. I've been averaging about half half.
Click once below to vote for me!